Saturday, May 4, 2013

CORRUGATED STEEL CEILINGS

At this point, we are thinking we'd like to go with corrugated steel ceilings in the cabin in the loft, the main level and the addition. We love the modern look, the sustainability of steel and the non-off-gasing-ness of it. The way it reflects light is especially exciting. I think we can integrate it with some warmer elements like bamboo walls to make it quite cozy. I've collected some inspirational images.








I particularly like how this steel roofing is integrated with wooden beams. I think we could do this in the loft.




This kitchen layout is quite similar to what we're thinking about. I love how the steel even goes down around the windows, though I'm still thinking planning go with glass tile around the windows on the east wall of the kitchen.
Again, a nice example of wood beams with steel ceilings.

This is a picture I took of the back wall of Fancy Pants in Decorah. It is a smaller ripple and a very nice look for inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment